View Single Post
Old 03.12.2008, 11:31 AM   #16
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
it's about as good as a bunch of half-written, tossed-off jams and b-side instrumentals and an alternate taken of diamond sea is going to get.. personally, i don't see why anyone would bother listening to this when they could be listening to number girl - "School girl distortional addict", but who listens to me anyway...

atsonicpark didn't like an SY album? Shocking.

Personally, I found this record to be one of the best 'odds-n-sods' albums put out in a looong time. Careful attention was paid to track selection & sequencing. Perhaps the best decision was to leave off the millions of "rock song" b-sides out there and instead focus on mostly instrumentals & the more experimental lean. It made more sense seeing as how these sort of comps are designed for hardcore fans rather than the unitiated.

I ended up listening to this album heavily for months. Far more often than the live DAYDREAM bonus disc to be frank. DESTROYED ROOM is solid in my opinion.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|