View Single Post
Old 10.31.2017, 06:54 PM   #21770
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

^ Recently rewatched “City of Lost Children,” and goddammit, it’s still one of my favorite movies. Not top of the heap, but still great. I think “Delicatessen” might be better as far as Jeunet films go (or even “Amelie”) but it’s been forever since I last saw that. I just know it left a pretty big impression.

Not many folks realize that Jean-Pierre Jeunet actually directed “Alien Resurrection” of all fucking things. Probably why that one feels like it has a genuine craft to it in terms of direction and cinematography, even if the story is meh. It’s definiely the best of the post-“Aliens” sequels — excluding “Prometheus” of course.
But is that weird or what? That Jeunet would attempt to crossover into American cinema with fucking a flippin’ ALIEN sequel.

Had he directed a script by, say, Wes Anderson, then I think that shit would Haagen STUCK. Anderson’s Jeunet influence is obvious as fuck, and together they could have probably done some amazing things.

(I watch foreign stuff too sometimes)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|