View Single Post
Old 05.04.2016, 11:00 AM   #1820
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

New Radiohead song and video.. "Burn the Witch"

Yeah. I heard about/watched/listened to it.

Not sure what I actually think at the moment. I've been sick of Radiohead's gloominess for the better part of 20 years. If they really wanted to shake things up, they'd make music that, for once, was not about socio-cultural, economic, political and personal anxiety and panic.

It's a good song, but no part of me was dying to hear a Radiohead song about neo-McCarthyism. In other words, I think they've pretty well covered all the different types of anxiety and dread that I have any interest in re- experiencing aurally.

At least with There There, Myxomatosis, etc. there was a nice crunchy groove to take my mind off the incessant claustrophobia ad doomism of the lyrics. As "varied" and "innovative" as the band has been, one thing they've never even attempted is uplifting music. And Jesus, that depressing shit gets old after 2˝ decades.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|