View Single Post
Old 08.10.2011, 10:22 PM   #4317
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Apparently this one pales majorly in comparison to the Saturn original. Having never played a SEGA Saturn in my life (I know, I know) - I can't necessarily comment on that. What I DO KNOW though is that it would be absolutely foolish to dismiss this as a bad game, as some have.

The cut-scenes can get awfully boring, and the inability to skip most of 'em hinders my happiness greatly because the story is absolutely worthless. NiGHTS' voice is like nails on a chalkboard. It makes him/her eerie, honestly, and not necessarily in a good way.

BUT the gameplay is a blast! That's what really counts in the long run. The game can even get pretty difficult if you try and get the best grades on each mission.

For only $5 @ GameStop, I don't think you could really go wrong with picking this up. Samba De Amigo, which is an easy 10/10 (especially if played with a friend/lover/etc.) is also available used for the same price.

Do yourself a favor (yes you, reading this) and SEGAfy your Wii a bit. You won't regret it.

The last Starfox game to truly "get it right", if you ask me*. What an awesome shooter this truly is, and it deserves every bit of infamy that surrounds it. Probably my favorite title on the N64 to be honest.

* ok, i enjoyed Starfox Adventures as well... but that's completely different
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|