View Single Post
Old 06.05.2016, 10:30 AM   #136
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
said record is only considered a classic because of the mythology around bands going silent, conveniently ignoring the fact that a) the group are terribly dated b) were never particularly good at what they were doing in the first place, gluing together largely undoctored samples into songs which were they not made from samples would be even more explicitly insipid. it's only a "big deal" for people so tenuously into music as to be bilked by the notion of a big deal.

That's me in a nutshell. "Tenuously" — weekly, slightly — into music. Yuppers. I'm pretty much not "into" music at all. I just pretend well, and am extremely committed to the charade, the long-con, of convincing a bunch of stranger that I am actually into music.

Sorry you don't like Avalanches or whatever, but it's folly to make such sweeping generalizations about people who do like the group. The way you make your case really smacks of the kind of cooler-than-thou self-delusion that so many "real" music cling to to help them feel superior.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|