View Single Post
Old 03.28.2012, 12:38 AM   #20
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
nah, the online petition is a good ending because it deludes people into thinking that by signing it they have actually accomplished something, which keeps them from actual civic engagement.

and actual civic engagement might use petitions, but those petitions actually require you to go door to door and gather real signatures. and because of this they will work better in school systems, municipalities and institutions, unlike addressing vague global needs on the internet. then again there are ballot initiatives and referendums, which are petitions of sorts.
People who are going to engage, will. Those who will never engage will sign a petition and do nothing else. But at least now they will do that small thing. I don't think there are a whole load of people thinking "I was going to fuck shit up but I've signed a petition now so I won't bother".
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|