View Single Post
Old 03.27.2012, 04:05 PM   #19
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
Someone who i have a lot of respect for has recently asked me to sign an online petition.

Generally i refuse to sign any online petitions because they are pretty much a waste of time. We didn't Stop The War. We didn't Stop The Chinese Government Eating Dogs. We didn't Stop Paedophile Terrorists. (although we did Save 6Music).
Governments dont tend to listen to real people let alone a load of names on the Internet

But should i sign to show support for my friend regardless? The issue is something worthwhile, but signing an Online Petetion wont change anything. I dont want to patronise her by signing to avoid hurting her feelings, but i dont want to bring up a rather pointless argument with her either

Come on man, youre signing a petition, youre not doing a stretch in Robben Island. If it has no effect, then hey ho, what have you lost beyond a couple of minutes of your time? In fact, by the time you've read this you could have pledged your support to the movement for democracy in Iran, to support crisis centres for abused women in your local area, or a campaign to keep a local music venue open.

So, whats a better use of your time, doing that or reading what ive just written? If your answer is the second of those youre giving me a credit i neither deserve nor desire.

and people call me cynical...

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|