View Single Post
Old 03.27.2012, 11:00 AM   #10
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
well I've signed lots of online pettions and haven't had that problem yet... (I've not donated any money though)

luckeeeeee....

i used to be registered w/ the obamabots and they would write me every other day with some shit or another: "the republicans want another katrina. would you give us $15?" "send 5 bucks! win a dinner with the president!" "we're in it to win it. donate $50 and fight for labor rights". i got tired of the panhandling and unsubscribed.

my past attempts to help the helpless (lol@angel) also landed me in countless spam lists.

anyway, online petitions are useless because they are so easy to join. they require no effort or commitment and those who receive them know all about it. out of the 1,000,000 people who sign any given online petition, there are probably 10 or 20 individuals who are willing to do something about it besides signing a petition.

organizations like moveon.org harnessed the online petition trend into a sort of political movement, but ultimately it's just a way to collect money from members. it's all about the money, in the end
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|