View Single Post
Old 04.25.2009, 10:15 AM   #65
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I disagree with the OP's Some Girls recommendation. The Stones shoulda stopped with Exile. My youth would have been much different without them the rest of the 70s, but for their own sake, they should have stopped.

Fair enough but I'm sort of surprised you said that. I agree that nothing they produced after Exile quite matched it (it's debatable that anything up to it did either) but I still think the Stones were a viable force in the 70s. It's possible to say that they even made sense up to Undercover - but not, I'd say, after that.

As for them needing to split up after Exile 'for their own sake', are you saying that Goats Head Soup somehow damaged their credibility?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|