View Single Post
Old 05.04.2008, 02:40 PM   #63
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I get slightly annoyed by this sort of sentiment. Her 80s stuff is patchy. Johnny Cash (who is venerated as some sort of God-head amongst rock converts to country) did about 5 years of good stuff in the 60s, and 5 good records in the 90s. The overwhelming majority of the remainder is utter, utter bilge. Dolly isn't quite venerated to the same degree in the same circles, in spite of having done less turd.

What an insipid post. Well done Glice.

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but then neither were you apparently. I never said anything about Johnny Cash. I just didn't want my love of Dolly's classic early singles to be confused with the "Theme from the Body Guard" and "Islands in the Stream" which for many of the youngsters on this board is exactly what they think of as Dolly's early days.

When it comes to absolutely awful pop power ballads, Cash never went there (since you inserted this dodgy comparison), while Dolly paid all of the plastic surgery bills for decades. However, I wasn't trying to post about her shit to begin with, but to celebrate her awesome songs like "Here You Come Again" and "Coat of Many Colors".
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|