View Single Post
Old 04.24.2006, 11:48 AM   #53
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I cant stand the sound of the velvet underground.

But nah if you want to get a Fall album it should be Hex Enduction hour, its lyrically amazing, and the thing about the fall not being "musicians" means nothing. When you read a book do you base your opinion of it on how many big words are used? You don't, its the way its told. Also try and get "The real new fall lp" from a couple of years ago, its a goodun.

Interesting about the book big word's analogy. but i would say a better analogy is the idea of reading a simple kid's book, or reading da vinci code or whatever. if it's the ABC's musically, it may not go over for some. it's subjective. it doesn't have to be YES either, but it has to be musically entertaining to some. Mark E does not write songs muscially on Malkmus' level. it could be proven, i would think, by just giving each of them a guitar and tell them to play a song or two. Mark E would be lucky to be able to get through one or two, isolated. but Malkmus could effortlessly. the fall is art and style more than anything.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|