Thread: Scientology
View Single Post
Old 04.06.2006, 11:56 PM   #53
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I don't have any problem with people being religious if it works for them.
However, I still get to poke fun.

I think LaVey had a lot of great points, and a lot of people who claim to be followers of his writings only look at part of the picture. Personally, I would never proclaim myself to be a "follower" of any established religion because there is always some major part of each of them that I can't hang with. LaVey and Thee Temple Ov Psychick Youth in its early years were the closest things I felt I could align myself with, but ultimately I am not a "joiner," and like I said before there is always something I disagree with.
Making fun of religion is fun because so many religious people make it so easy. It turns people into a caricature and I enjoy laughing at it because I simply cannot understand the impulse to act that way. I would get NOTHING out of it, and I think it's weird and fascinating.

There's nothing wrong with people doing what they do, but there's nothing wrong with thinking it's hilarious either.

point taken, i'm also guilty of poking fun at religion and religious people, even though i never do that to their faces, if i disagree with something, i might as well go and discuss the matters and see if they know their stuff and how stupid it can get.

i wasn't directing it to you, and you have proven me you are the kind of people who really think things thru. i couldn't agree more with your last sentence.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|