View Single Post
Old 11.22.2010, 10:53 AM   #58
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Sorry, I don't understand a point of view that shoots itself in the foot before it even starts walking. When there is an option that can make a project sound better, less disjointed, and more cohesive with the end result being a better presentation of everyone's submissions, I see no reason why this shouldn't be done.

I don't mean to start a whole discussion about mastering, even less so in this specific thread.
Just bear with the fact that people may like to "present" their stuff as they want, without the intervention of someone they don't necessarily have trust in or share a similar "taste"/"intention" with (since mastering is a subjective process that not necessarily has good results that will make tracks sound better, especially to the "artists' ears").
As much as you went for "self-mastering" rather than saving+spending $$$ to have the job done by someone else (despite the improvement this could result in), people may prefer to just give it a try on their own or don't give a shit about it and live happily ever after in either case.
It's an option, not a necessity.
I doubt you paint your car white every summer to prevent overheating under the sun just because it's the best option.

11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|