View Single Post
Old 05.19.2013, 09:14 PM   #2607
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
Awesome, will try to get it up within the week. I love me some RT and early Fairport, glad at least someone else here feels the same. It was the first full show I've see him play, and he was on fire! [I did see a short solo acoustic in-store set a year or two ago]

A Sailor's Life from the Unhalfbricking LP is one of the greatest tracks by anyone ever...

True story. Incidentally, Alan Licht suggests that song as a predecessor to "Marquee Moon" in the liner notes to the 2003 reissue of Television's untouchable debut album, but I've always thought "Sloth" from Fairport's Full House is a better fit. Not that Verlaine will ever admit having heard either tune before 1977 anyway (which may be true after all; he has no problem acknowledging the influence of, say, Five Live Yardbirds in Television's rave-up dynamics).

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|