View Single Post
Old 02.17.2013, 06:23 AM   #119
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
The difference between those bands - as well as others - and MBV is they actually create a hook, a song, a melody, an interesting arrangement, etc. MBV is playing a barely audible vocals over the same droney chords throughout that particular song. I don't believe myself or any other "jaded" listener should have to apologize for wanting to listen to something better or more interesting.

And I'm not buying the whole, "It's a great record because it's a new My Bloody Valentine album! I never thought it would get released! For some reason that automatically makes it amazing!". Obeying to that logic, a new 'N Sync record would be incredible because they got Justin Timberlake to come back.

Like I said, if you enjoy the record, more power to you. But don't criticize others, calling us "cunts" or "jaded" simply because we don't have the excitement over it you do.

Nobody should apologize for anything, this is an open discussion and opinions may vary and may or may not tend to be very polarizing. Point taken and I can see were you come from but once again, we're not arguing on an objective standpoint. It's damn near impossible to view art and music in an objective manner anyway. What is 'better' or 'more interesting'? Most people on here love or at least find Loveless to be 'interesting', therefore an album that sort of sounds like Loveless will probably evoke the same feelings for said people (Me being one of them).

Nobody claimed it's a great record solely based on the fact that it's a new MBV album. I believe each one of us stated what exactly we like about the album at some point in the thread. I appreciate the fact that you stand up against some of those unjust insults but for the sake of discussion I have to tell you that mocking or looking down upon the reasons given by the album appreciators is sort of tapping in the same vein, albeit being less blatant.

All generality aside: In my opinion m b v does have melodies, songs and interesting arrangements. They're even damn recognizable and sweet if you ask me.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|