View Single Post
Old 10.02.2008, 12:49 PM   #19052
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
how was the show?

It was great. They were a bit late, first band was to go on at 10, but they didn't get there until like 10:15. Then they had to figure out the order that the bands would go on it, so I just sat around and shot the shit with the Girls and the other out-of-town band Tyvek. Tyvek went on at about 11:15 and played a really nice set of weird nerd rock, then the girls set up, but 2 of their reverb pedals for vocals wouldn't work (bassist and drummer), but they still rocked it.

Setlist was:

Never
I Can't
Surfin
-------
Girl
Going
Wild
------
All The
Such A
Tell
------
Second
I Have
Dam

(transcribed from Cassie's hand written setlist of which I have the bassist's)
She looked really surprised when I went up and asked for it, then smiled. I guess it was because there were only about 5 people there that weren't the the bar regulars that didn't give a damn about the music or in the local band.

I ended up skipping the loca band because A)they starting putting their gear together DURING the Vivian Girls set and that's just not cricket, B)they were all hammered, C)they're a psychedelic band, D) it was 1:30am and I had an 8:10 exam.
So I just bought that cd, 2 7"s, a shirt, 2 Tyvek cds and left.