View Single Post
Old 04.03.2006, 03:46 PM   #125
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
i finally opened this thread - i thought for sure it must be a joke. i can't believe it's serious. all this "please, please, someone ask them" bullshit is pretty hilarious too. like you'll just totally, like, die if you don't know the answer.

anyway, the answer is simple. if sonic youth were really satanists, they would have the kind of fame and fortune that led zeppelin, who really sold their souls to the devil, did.

okay, so that was a joke, but just because a band throws the word satan into their lyrics doesn't make them a satanist any more than throwing the word god into a song makes them christian. digging hard and finding a few satanic references makes you sound like the same people who put out the 20/20 special in 1984 on satanic hair metal (though they had a lot more to work with, even though all those bands used satanic imagery and weren't really satanists either.) marylin manson, he's a satanist and he's open about it. i think part of being a satanist would entail being open about it to get any benefits from the prince of darnkess, though that's just my assumption. i can't believe this thread is nine pages long and i can't believe i'm adding to it.
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|