Thread: ZOMBY
View Single Post
Old 08.12.2010, 05:05 PM   #2
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
This damn thing says I have to rep some more before repping you again. I wouldn't name Zomby my favorite wonky/dubstep artist, but he's definitely one of the most interesting, if not the most interesting. He really takes things to a whole other level. And he seemingly has no limit... when you'd expect him to release a wonky album he releases a rave/jungle album. And yes, his Zomby EP is definitely his best work. It sounds like every single track on there has its own soul... Spaceman for the mad chipdub, Kaliko for the insane weirdness, Test Me For A Reason sounds almost like Boards Of Canada, etc. Yet he manages to make everything sound amazing and cohesive as a whole. I love this record. Where Were You In 92 is fucking excellent too. Euphoria really makes me euphoric. I remember the first time I blasted this album, was listneing to it out loud, the first track got me like "well it's okay", and then that fucking bassline came out and I flipped out. I LOVE this bassline. And then Float, Tears In The Rain, Where Were U In 92, ... Such great tunes.
I was a bit disappointed by One Foot Ahead Of The Other, but it might be because I haven't listened to it enough. Godzilla fucking rules - it's actually my ringtone right now!
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|