View Single Post
Old 03.23.2008, 05:38 PM   #20
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Well, it's definitely not just the locked groove effect recreated on CD. Have you heard the edit? It's bizarre.. I didn't actually realize how bizarre until today. It takes the 'mystery train, three way plane' part and actually repeats it after the freak-out that follows that part of the song on the normal version, and then when Thurston sings 'to your SKULL' a second time, all the music drops out and it's just swirling noise under his voice, which sounds like noise from the album, pitched down and, well, 'remixed'.

I've heard it, but it's been many years. I was pretty annoyed when it came out, as I felt like it was an effort to get a more standard alternative rock song out of a Sonic Youth classic. I still feel that way a bit, but not nearly as vehemently as I did in 1986 when the single came out with that on it. As I was 19 at the time, looking back today, I'm certainly aware I might have been overreacting and missing some good things about it in the process.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|