View Single Post
Old 04.14.2006, 01:04 PM   #210
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
promo copious

Didn't someone post a picture of a review copy back jewel case photo on this board somewhere? It looked official and had the tracklisting with the exception of a song being renamed?

what I'm having trouble understanding is that this is promised material. This leak wasn't a show that happened in some small club in New Paltz that people want to jam to. This is a official release with an offical release date. The meals coming don't fill up on bread type shit.
Around the time NYC G's and F's was coming out Thurston played a gig at Tonic and he gave out some copies of the new cd. I'm pretty sure this was before the release. I wasn't in attnedance my friend Matt was and we hung out later that night. But see how if it was before the release date then that's a honest leak. Now far and few between would have this access which doesn't really make it elitist just rare and special.
When something is just thrown onto the internet without any thought other than "i want it now" it just has dirty undertones hell even overtones the whole tone smells of greed.
Now the argument that its music and I'll pay for it later and you know i'm entitled is yours to have. But if someone took something I had worked on and showed it to you before I was ready I'd be pissed and no argument would change my mind. Sure if I had some cancer drug brewing and your grandma had cancer I'd understand but man this is art. Art doesn't deserve to be shafted.
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|