View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 09:27 PM   #120
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I agree with you, art is not hard.
I was just saying an opinion of an other person.
I sort of picked up a little sarcasm, but I wasn't sure Seriously though, if you like Pollack, that's great. And if you like noise, that is great too. But I just feel like sometimes these things get out of hand, and people start liking them because it's the cool thing to do. I'm not saying that EVERYBODY does, but really, everyone here knows it as much as I do, a LOT of people do. So what's the big deal? Nothing really I guess, but it's just funny that these same people will trash somebody else for buying a Nickelback cd or shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch, and for the same reason, doing it because in their realm of peers it's the cool thing to do. I personally feel (and I'm making it clear that this is a personal opinion, so nobody gets all up in the air about it) "artists" like Pollock and noise "musicians" cash in on peoples gullibility to accept anything as art as long as they are told it is art. They actually did an experiment to test this buy having a bunch of kindergardeners do abstract paintings, and then hung the "art" in a gallery saying they were done by an acclaimed artist. People feel for it like monkeys reaching for a cookie in a jar. If they were told they were done by 5 year-olds during arts and craft hour they would dismiss it as just that, but since in their minds a true artist did them, they were masterpieces.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|