View Single Post
Old 10.18.2011, 09:18 PM   #271
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric
It's entirely your subjective opinion if you think Nurse and Ripped were great albums, I thought they were pretty forgettable. Forgettable in the sense that I've listened to A Thousand Leaves a hundred times and I've listened to RR and Nurse maybe a dozen.

Geffen era isn't necessary my favorite. I love Sister and Daydream and to a slightly lesser extent Evol. The Geffen time is way too broad to just define as an era, there were 9 albums in those years. My favorite SY era is 1990-1995.

But how the fuck can the band play live and basically opt out of playing ANYTHING from 1990-2009 is beyond me, and that's what they did on much of the Eternal tour.

That's why I personally passed on seeing them live the last time they were here, I've seen SY 5 times, but I know when they are touring behind a new album they usually play 90% of that album. And maybe 4-5 other songs, including usually something from the super early SY/Confusion days which I don't really care about.

If SY was touring and playing a broad selection througout their career, I would find them a far far more compelling touring act.

They do the occasional show with a good varied selection (ie. the August show in NYC) but they have not done a show with the same kind of variety in my city in the 14 years I've been a fan of the band.

Yeah, they do tend to push the newest release when they're touring.

If my count is right, I've seen them 8 times. Only a few were not like this.

The Eternal tour was especially bad, mostly because the eternal material was so low in comparison to what they overlooked.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|