View Single Post
Old 08.11.2006, 12:10 PM   #49
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Nice (but predictable) use of logic to try to make me look foolish & expose my own pose.
You have my posts for empirical evidence that I, in fact, am not infallible by any means, but that I am, in actuality, in the words of Socrates, "a little less ignorant than everyone else."

I stand by the assertion & it's not ego. I merely try to point out the silly inconsistencies & denial in the behavior that I observe in an attempt to instruct & edify.
On a lighter note, some of what I write may also give people something to talk about at parties.
On the old board, I was much more adamant about being serious & effecting real communication than I am at this one because iit often led to a mob mentality willing to try & torture me for kicks.

Anyone & everyone has the capacity for wisdom, but it requires true Socratic knowledge of the self. What's asked of us is that we come to terms with our denials & fears to open up the wellspring of our unconscious knowledge, & most people simply refuse to do so due to their habituated denial of death & fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
The masses are asses.

A message board lends itself to a more direct & abrasive method (as you should be well aware since you are very obnoxious & overbearing yourself, porkmarras) than an actual one-on-one scenario.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|