View Single Post
Old 12.17.2009, 11:25 AM   #13
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
(black cat, black cat... a little chaaaaange for the homeless. black cat).

haa haa haaa-- we still say that here for fun. it brings back lots of good memories.

that dude goes to the liquor store on the north-west corner across the street to spend his homeless change. ran into him several times there.

anyway, to add--

as i was saying rocknroll hotel opened after i left, so i don't know much about the place, but i have remote friends who go there, and they sometimes have good bands-- like that AMT show i had to skip.

eg., if you wanna wait till feb 16, you could catch polysics

http://www.rockandrollhoteldc.com/portal/calendar/

there are other bars & places in the vicinity of that, it's a newly-gentrified corridor-- used to be ghetto and now the hipsters are swarming-- a mini-brooklyn?

anyway coming from manhattan DC will be more of a sleepy place, low-rise buildings and more trees. rock creek park is a pretty cool way to get around places, hiking/biking paths, a bit more "wild" than central park, go for a jog if you need some exercise.

and then there are other museums in town-- tons of it--

ah, don't forget the sackler & freer galleries in the smithsonian-- they are smaller but they ahve great collections of african & asian art and some awesome shit too-- check out the peacock room-- it's in one of them i forget which one.

i love kramerbooks in dupont circle. it's a coffee/bar/restaurant/bookstore and it's usually open late, later on weekends.

have more, but gotta get back to work for a bit.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|