View Single Post
Old 06.28.2018, 06:27 AM   #22704
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah, finally was able to catch LADY BIRD

which is on prime video of all places! who knew?

this movie was supersuperfun. not a single boring moment i thought. continuous action and good writing and hilarious dialogue and just so well fucking done.

why people don’t spend pages and pages writing about this movie and discussing it? i have no idea. there is no spandex or cgi i guess. and it’s not about dudes, by dudes, for dudes. lmao.

anyway. this movie was great. this is probably like what pretty in pink should have been if it would have been done correct. but instead it was written by a dude about a girl the way he imagined her. so we have that. this is not it at all. this is a real non-dumb girl being real.

i was looking at this movie and thinking there was way too much detail about “sacramento” not to be autobiographical. so afterwards i went and scanned greta gerwigs page and sure enough, there are some clear parallels, it’s not i think a “true story” but it’s highly inspired, obviously, clearly. and it’s so fucking good.

when i think about scorsese writing and directing mean streets, and how it was also autobiographical, not literally but you know, inspired/formed by/ whatever, i keep thinking, sure this lacks the drama of being torn up between god and violence, but it’s sure a livelier and happier take on everyday life in THIS century.

hey! not everybody can grow up asthmatic in a tenement.

but oh my point was i expect more great things from her. looking forward to whatever project she’s working on next.

but anyway. this was very good. better than frances ha. better MADE. less homage to the french new wave, more smart incorporation of its lessons. it’s all so well made, the cast is great, the story is great, the characters are great, and yeah, you don’t have to be miserable to enjoy a good well-made movie. it’s also accessible! like so many greatest hits lololol. but srsly.

sacramento! who knew?

anyway, props for all this. also: nobody here has unlimited resources or x-ray vision. so extra plus points for that. made for 10 million bucks! high maybe for an indie but still on the cheap considering its success.

ah, fuck, sweet and good movie, i swear. it’s rare that you get both things in one package. this is proof that you don’t have to be cynical or depressed to be intelligent. i want more catholics! yeah. the best art is by catholics lololol. but srsly.

well. ok. bye i guess.

I’ve read so much gushing about this movie but I haven’t wanted to see it until just now, after reading what you wrote. Sweet and good, you say? I’m in.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|