View Single Post
Old 05.26.2016, 10:21 AM   #2046
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
As a colloquialism, no. We're fucking old and we like some music that is objectively fucking old.

But I still don't think that a lot of the music we've talked about (especially SY, and other weird/experimental musc) qualified as dad rock. There are brand new bands that are "dad rock." The connotation has nothing to do with age. It's about lameness.
Dude sonic youth is "experimental" by OUR generation's standards but by the current youth? Not likely. Just same old combination of old folks playing noisy guitar and some guy singing like Lou Reed meets Bob Dylan.

Also lets be honest, nothing Sonic Youth did with feedback and alt tunings is necessarily any newer than what Hendrix did decades before them
I understand your desire to cling to idea that somehow our era of music is relevant. Its not. Personally i like it that way, even prefer it. Have you heard the crap kids listen to today?

Get Off SuchFriendsAreAangerous' Lawn

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|