View Single Post
Old 09.19.2014, 01:20 AM   #11
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
I read a VICE review from the listening party and he said it sounded a bit like the RDJ album (crazed non-danceable mix of acid, jungle, techno etc). The author also brought up a good point by saying all of Aphex Twin's pre-2000 stuff sounds like RDJ trying to create music that sounds like the future. Now that we're here, his music doesn't really sound like the music of now so much as RDJ's vision of what he wanted the music of the present to sound like. I liked the single, but it definitely didn't sound revolutionary like how SAW Vol 1 must have sounded upon release.
I don't think being overly innovative is the purpose of syro at least, more richard clearing his head/archives and putting out a record which is most definitely sure to regain peoples' attention so he can mindfuck us all over again. apparently he has another record on the go for warp in the (very) near future, in addition to their being a load of more perceivably left-field stuff awaiting release.

anyways, who's having FUN with this lil baby?

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|