View Single Post
Old 04.13.2010, 08:39 AM   #24
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by [INDENT

actually the seven deadly sins are in the scriptures in Proverbs..sorry, I know you read more than I do so I am going to look it up. I was more refering to the fact that they told me specifically during this seven deadly sins training, You WILL go to hell if you murder...no redemption, no forgiveness. Does that not contradict Jesus's message of forgiveness? I think a murderer can be reformed and be redeemed. I think no sin is greater than another. No human is greater than another. Sin is Sin.

The Holy Tradition of the Apostles is accepted with equal veneration as the scriptures, the protestants are silly to reject this authority as valid, after all, Sonic Gail, who wrote the Bible? Where does it come from? Should you turn to the source for the authoritative interpretation? How can you NOT accept the Church's teaching of the Holy Book which they authored, translated and distributed? This never made much sense to me, fundamentalist Christianity which accepts the infalibility of the Bible, and yet thinks the very Church which produced the Bible to be tainted with the Devil...Yes I am torn on this subject. I do trust that god made sure that his words were translated the way he wanted them to be in the early church. THat is why I still do fall back to my Catholic roots. When I read it is from the Catholic version not king james. It is the closest to the beginning that I have any access to. This town is highly Baptist and Penecostal. THere are others peppered aroud town. I don't even know of a Protestant church that I have passed. I do go into it with caution though these days. Times are different, and we must adapt with them. Jesus himself rejected the old ways because they had been tainted by the tides of time. Society was much different in his day than in the days of Moses. Sorry to go on a tangent there, my point being is. I follow what the Catholic church to the extent of common sense and what I feel from god is right.

For instance I was talking to Ryan about my highly devoted Catholic Aunt. She is the type that puts on blinders to reality and questions nothing of the Cathoilic church. She has 9 kids and I was explaining to him why Catholics are against the use of Birth Control. (I could not even get my tubes tied at St Vincents Hospital after my 2nd kid they will not do it) I was taught that it is god's right to choose when we have children not ours, and we are interfering with his plan by preventing birth. Well logically I think that worked well in the 1700's because people had less of a likley hood than today of living to an old age, there were more diseases less medical advancement more babies were born still born or did not make it adulthood. God wanted the population to go on, and the human race to progress in that form. Today it is not practical to have 12 kids, it is hard to feed 2. The population is expanding. Young girls are getting pregnant out of ignorance. I am a firm believer in abstinance, but I think we must have birth control as well. My mother taught me abstinance. I did not listen. But I did go to the clinic and get protection. I am not a saint I wish more than anything that I could undo that transgression, but god knew I would do it, he forgave me, and he knew what I would learn from fucking up.

Back to the point. I do not think the bible is infalible. I also do not think the church is infalible. I think we should accept it, but take it with a grain of salt.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|