View Single Post
Old 08.01.2013, 12:03 AM   #638
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
i love Game. but i wasn't really feeling that Jesus Piece album.

No, that album was terrible. He tried way to hard to have this concept album where he bridged the gap between Church and gangsta shit like promiscuous women, drug dealing, and shoot outs. While that worked very very well on tracks like"Let us Live" "Why You Hate the Game" "Walk Thru The Sky" "Letter to the King" "It's OK (One Blood)" "Angel" Truth Rap" are all both conscious, political, and even religious tunes that blend the street vibe authentically, sincerely, and come across as genuine. When Game sat down and tried to write an album that was entirely based on the concept behind tracks like those, it was an epic fail. The only thing fly about that album was the cover art. I mean, the tracks were listenable, but on paper it was supposed to be a bad ass album, like all of those tracks I posted above combined like Vultron. I always liked Game because like Pac he sometimes spoke the real and put out some conscious music blended with Gangsta rap, sort of like how Dead Prez be "revolutionary but G" in proportion.

See I grew up hanging about with a bunch of gangsters, doing a bunch of low-life gangster shit, and so I can relate, but I'm also ridiculously conscious and a man of deep Faith, so I need my music to reflect both at the same time..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|