Thread: ATP festival!
View Single Post
Old 12.12.2006, 11:54 AM   #144
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
hello greenlight! sorry, i only realise now who you are/were... so i apologise if i didn't properly say hello and talked to you. by the way, i hope that sonicl did not mind me jumping on him in the queue saying "hey, are you sonicl??!!?!", for some reason i had the feeling later in the evening that i scared him a bit when doing that... then again, it would have been ridiculous to stay right behind you in the queue once i had identified you... and i had a lot of those ridiculous situations during this week-end as i saw many of you many times - but really was too shy to say hello in any way...

thanks a lot for the pictures everyone! i did not take any, so i'm glad to see yours for memories...

yes, SY set really felt too short on friday, but i guess one could have predicted that since they were stuck between two bands on the program... oh and bark haze was nice, true. regarding wolf eyes, i felt like the last time i saw them: i absolutely loved their growing buzzing crackling industrial moments + sax but could not get into them when they were singing/screaming... so it was strange overall. the guy with the red wig from shotm was next to me and did enjoy it. "brilliant, they are fucking brilliant!", that's what he said (well, if i remember correctly and provided that i did not misunderstood him). he probably was with other members of shotm, but i would not have not been able to recognise them then. oh and did anyone go to the wolf eyes party at their chalet?

so i hear gang of four were excellent? i'm even more gutted that i missed them now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
about how many people go to ATP? and how many stages are there.

i think there were 6000 people and three stages... a big one and two smaller ones (the bigger one supposedly could not contain more than 3000 people... and there were a lot of people when the bigger names were playing)...

oh yes, it would have been sooooo fantastic if les rallizes denudes could have come... and i would have been immensely disappointed if i had to miss them because of the queuing... i guess they are not popular to the point that people would come in droves to see them - well, who knows? - but if say a band like dinosaur jr. or the stooges were playing right after, one could have missed them because of all the people coming early for the subsequent show...

but i know that it was the first time they organised it on this site, so it should have been hard to organise, and they managed to get bands play two times hwen this occured, so i really should not complain.

so yes, thanks a lot to thurston and barry and the atp people for the wonderful week-end!
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|