View Single Post
Old 03.14.2013, 05:16 PM   #250
musicplatypus
little trouble girl

musicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's assesmusicplatypus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischanski
Got a similar item via discogs: the Jay-Reatard-split in white vinyl with that HC and no number. But don't know anything about it.

I think I have found out what this 'HC' means.

Of all things, whilst watching Pawn Stars, there was a customer with an art print that did not have an edition number, but simply 'HC.' The art appraiser indicated it was 'Hors Commerce' which I think is what should be 'Hors d' Commerce' -- which is French for 'not for trade.'

My guess is these are numbers pressed in addition to the edition of 100 and given to executives, band members, etc . . . and, as the art appraiser indicated, there is no real way to tell how many 'HC' items were made.\

--
quote.
musicplatypus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|