View Single Post
Old 03.30.2008, 07:45 PM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I just saw this at the $2 theatre.

The Sonic Youth references were a bit awkward, especially when listening to "Superstar" for 3 seconds and Juno going, "Yeah, this is greeeeeeeeat." Nothing had even happened yet!

The Melvins reference was odd. "We played with 'em in 93." Hopefully, they weren't just playing Prick in its entirety before recording it. The "it was just noise!" part referring to sonic Youth was GREAT, though... I bet she bought Silver Sessions. Which is like my favorite album, but there aren't any songs on it of course.

I was more pleasantly surprised to see H.G. Lewis and Dario Argento (!) being referenced and Wizard of Gore being watched. Also found it weird that he had the Wizard of Gore special edition box set DVD version (which I have) but it was cut into a VHS tape ... there was no VHS tape copy that looked like the copy he had in the history of Wizard of Gore's many VHS releases. In fact, if you look closely, you can see the "Special Features" listing on the back of the cut-up DVD/VHS thing that he had, special features that were obviously meant for the DVD (director's commentary, for example). Odd... I guess they were just trying to say, "Hey, this guy still watches VHS's!" and they were too lazy to order an actual old copy of the movie for this movie?...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|