View Single Post
Old 10.28.2012, 11:45 PM   #2451
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Stebmo
2012/10/26 Eagle Rock Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock, CA

1. Perfect Happiness
2. Setting Sun
3. Work

Steeve Moore: electric piano, trombone
Don McGreevy: electric bass

opened for Earth and Fontanelle.

---

Earth
2012/10/26 Eagle Rock Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock, CA

1. (soundcheck, intro)
2. Badger
3. Old Black
4. Multiplicity Of Doors (Waltz ala Bob Wills)
5. The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull
6. medley (almost a jazz odyssey, but not quite): new song, (His Teeth Did Brightly Shine, The Corascene Dog, Descent To The Zenith), new song
7. Ourobouros Is Broken
8. Talahassee

Dylan Carlson: electric guitar
Adrienne Davies: drums
Steeve Moore: electric piano, trombone
Don McGreevy: electric bass
*electric tamboura-in-a-box played itself on "Bees Made Honey"

This show is cool because you get to hear some new songs, some songs from the "Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light I & II" era played by the "Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull" era lineup (which might be my favorite lineup, if push came to shove), and some old songs. "Bees" was positively massive. On their last tour Dylan said they were going to retire "Ourobouros" from the setlist to make way for other (old) songs, but it looks like it just won't die. I also recorded Steve and Don's opening set as Stebmo. I should have recorded Fontanelle too, but was trying to conserve battery and memory for the headliner, probably would have been fine in retrospect.

I think this one came out particularly nice sound-wise, probably 'cause the sound in the room was good (high arched cielings), we were 15-20 feet back, front and center, & PA volume wasn't crazy loud. Both bands uploaded together, opener is only 19 minutes:

http://wtrns.fr/MryNKaes5y9zCwU

As before, I can't get bit-torrent to work, so anyone who wants to can put this up on dime for me. I forgot to include the tech info in my text files (along with the "share freely, support bands" spiel, and a few omissions and misspellings I have corrected in this post):

iPhone 3s->FiRe 2 app->Wav->Audacity 2.0.0->flac

We talked briefly with Steeve and Adrienne, they were really cool. I bought an Earth shirt, poster, and Stebmo LP, all of which are really cool. Later in the weekend I had to buy a cheap used Herbie Hancock best-of 2LP set after digging Steeve's electric piano so much. This is just the beginning of their US tour, alert to fellow US-residing SY boarders who dig these guys, and I know there are a few, they are coming to a town near you, don't miss 'em!

more tour dates:

http://www.thronesanddominions.com/dates/
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|