View Single Post
Old 09.30.2017, 02:49 PM   #785
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Ha.. no, I really do think it's their best. MM and LET are classics of course but this is the one for me.

Is Kanye greater than Tribe? No disrespect, but in many ways, he is. They opened for him during Yeezus tour for a reason. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that it was "only" the 2nd best hip hop album of 2016. In almost every other year it would've been the best by a large margin.

Are you really asking me that?

Of course Kanye’s better than Tribe.

Tribe is one of the all time greatest groups ever in any genre, but musically Kanye is way, way, way better. It’s like... Tribe is Brian Eno, Kanye is Richard D. James. Or... uh... Tribe is... fuckin’ ... the Ramones, and Kanye is Sonic Youth.

Kanye is indebted to Tribe, but his music has lapped theirs about five times over at this point. Fully lapped.

But yes, any other year except for a Kendrick year, that new tribe joint would be rap album of the year.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|