View Single Post
Old 10.15.2014, 12:21 PM   #44
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Uhh.. I'm not sure I really get- or am on board with- the premise of this thread. Like, at all. Personally I think "ROCK" music is pretty god awful. The Hall of Fame is a really expensive joke. It exists as a tourist attraction, and all the rules about eligibility are bullshit.

Personally I think that the REALLY culturally significant bands (BEATLES, Dylan, Velvet Underground) should just get exhibits in the fucking Smithsonian. At least that would be a respectful, non cheese-ball, overpriced gift-shop way to honor them. Having Kiss and Van Halen stink up the air around them is just insulting.

But I guess I would put these guys in ASAP if I had my own personal music and pop culture museum...

The Velvet Underground
Sonic Youth
Stooges
Captain Beefheart
Can
Tom Waits
Kraftwerk
Joy Division
The Cure
Leonard Cohen
Lou Reed (solo)
Brian Eno