Thread: BUSKERS
View Single Post
Old 08.03.2006, 03:58 AM   #92
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
ive never seen any decent buskers in london, but ive never spent a whole lot of time there. theres usualy some shit one at piccadily cirsus tube.
i saw a maniac playing shamisen in prague that was really good.
theres a guy who sometimes busks in birmingham with a tiny little gtr and a kick drum and kazoo who is fantastic.
nyc buskers are better than most of the live music i ever see in brum. the tuplewear drummers, the breakdancers on the subway beatboxing and the guys on the platforms playing instruments ive never seen before.
there are alot of shit buskers where i live now. its a famous place for them. theres one guy who is off his head, looks the spitting image of EYE and he charges ¥100 then reads manga books of your choice from his massive collection in hilarious voices.
my mate has a few screws loose and he takes his battered old acoustic everywhere and starts playing and singing on the bus in london or on the street, in the chippy or in the pub. he has a certian syd barrett like lunatic charm and no shame.
its the same as going to see a band. half the time you take the risk and see a band you dont know, they will likely be shite, now and then you find something good. its the same on the streets. england isnt the best place for interesting busking though.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|