View Single Post
Old 05.07.2016, 09:43 AM   #68
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Ha! Actually, for reasons I have trouble giving myself, I started smoking one or two a day. Started after 8 days or so of none.

Either:

1.) Since "cutting down" was the overwhelming advice before quitting entirely, I'm doing okay. I mean, I haven't returned to 20 a day. No wish to either.

2.) I failed altogether.

I don't feel too bad. I lived through eight days nicotine-free no problem, so I can go back. I was actually planning on "re-quitting" starting tomorrow. Really, the smokes I've been having aren't so wonderful. And I really think that for me, two a day fucks with my head even more than none. What a silly plant.

Thanks for asking.

oh, good to hear. from 20 to a steady 2 is massive progress, and an easier jumping off point should you decide to quit completely

i had a prof in gradschool who smoked 1 or 2 a day (always during his class break). he said his doctor told him it wasn't an issue in such amounts (he smoked marlboro lights if i recall). sort of like the fumes you'd get by living in hellay or new york i suppose.

of course 2 is also a jumping point to full addiction, ha ha ha, so if you can cap it there it would be awesome. i think once you escalate to 3 or 4 is when it starts to get a little unwieldy. inflammation IS a thing, and you need to heal up your tissues.

these days i can't smoke more than 1/2 a cigarette without getting nauseous, so i don't smoke cigarettes, but i still can get a bit of nicotine through other means on choice days (e.g., when doing taxes)

anyway, good to hear you've tamed the beast--best wishes with what's next.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|