View Single Post
Old 12.22.2009, 09:54 PM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston's not a bad or uninteresting songwriter in the least, but some of his more traditional "Thurston rocker" stuff has never been that interesting. Sassy vocals over a boring riff, then singing same notes as the guitar is playing. This stuff is most prevalent on dirty/jet set and his first solo album, though. I usually dig 'em, really, but it's certainly not what I listen to SY for.

I love Junkie's Promise, which I think mixes his sassier rock stuff with something that's more interesting.

Anyway, re: the Eternal, I think NO WAY, for example, rules a lot. Though it's pretty much just the same shit he always does, there's something about that song.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|