View Single Post
Old 11.10.2017, 09:16 PM   #1808
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Have not watched the OJ one yet, but did watch the Unabomber one and had very much the same feelings. Was very odd trying to pull from what little I remembered of it all, and trying to remember how much was actually reported on at the time. Hard to pinpoint, but something was "weird AF" about it. I imagine watching the OJ one will be quite the same.

Wait, was the Unabomber one also an “America Crime Story” thing? By the guys who do American Horror Story? If so I didn’t know it existed.

The O.J. one turned out to be very good, actually. Except for the fact that Cuba Gooding Jr. was playing a 6’8” 300lb man. Several references were made to his size in the show and he looked positively dainty next to John Travolta.

The Marcia Clarke portion of the story is particularly touching, as are the bits about Ito. It was such a circus when it happened that nobody viewed these people as, y’know, *people.* But at the time, Clarke and Ito in particular were both serious and respected legal minds, who found themselves surrounded by paparazzi and bullshit.

Really enlightening to watch. Ross from friends was not great as Rob Kardashian, but they did a good job with Cochran.

I don’t know. Even watching an attempt to tell a fuller story made me feel a bit ill. But if the AHS people also did a Unabomber show, I’m all in. This was good television at least. Uncanny, unsettling, but good.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|