Thread: Os Mutantes
View Single Post
Old 10.19.2011, 12:21 PM   #56
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
^^absolutely. It was very refreshing for me to discover this band becuase I'm from midwest USA and honestly don't get exposed to much stuff like this.

And I am a huge beatles/Syd Barret/psychedelic fan/british pop fan but in my opinion, if the military government of brazil hadnt banned os mutantes, and the record industry wasnt so biased....and they got the press that other bands got at that time....

that they would have BLOWN AWAY the beatles.

The creativity, melodies, and everything are there to back up that statement.
I think that creative music period was everywhere then. Even in Ethiopia, under the dicatorship of Haile Selassie deloped great music. I think you might be interested about that also, you can start from excellent Ethiopiques-compilations.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|