View Single Post
Old 07.22.2007, 08:47 AM   #41
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
What I found so appealing about DKs was their great music, but it was tinged with REALLY dark (very, very funny) humour, and intelligence. At a time when a lot of punk sounded completely witless, dumb and just plain bad, they stood out and above just about everybody else. Plastic Surgery Disasters (their masterpiece) contained all the elements that made them so great.

Frankenchrist contained none of these elements. I was a massive fan at the time, but I couldn't remember a single song on this album when I started writing this. I just had a look on Amazon to remind myself.

The dark humour had turned into horrible novelty songs. The music had become turgid, cliched punk-by-numbers. And the targets of Jello's rage were soft and pointless(MTV?, "jocks"?, for fuck's sake).
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|