View Single Post
Old 05.07.2007, 01:13 PM   #17
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Food and drink will be provided for all musicians on all days. Each musician will need to know his/her part (but you don't need to memorize it).
You'll need to bring a guitar and amp (a medium sized amp would be best). It will also be necessary to restring your guitar for the tuning. Basses will not need to be restrung OR retuned. And I will have a serious quantity of replacement strings on hand.

The parts are in staff notation and the ability to follow a part measure by measure is essential. If you’re not used to working with staff notation the piece will be too difficult. The playing technique includes plenty of double-strumming and downstroke chording.
You should also be at least somewhat familiar with my music which is not conventional in any sense.

Complete detailed instructions will come with the parts. I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the parts when you get them.
The show will be conducted by John Myers with Virgil Moorefield on drums. My wife, Reg Bloor, is the concertmaster and will also be sending out the parts to your email address as pdf files.

If you want to do either or both of these shows you must e-mail your postal mailing address and telephone number to Reg Bloor: dthetncrkr@earthlink.net (please note whether you play BASS or GUITAR and which show(s) you want to do.)

It will be necessary for all musicians to attend all rehearsals and performances. It is not possible to pay such a large number of people, so you'll have to do the gig for free. It is also not possible to help with transport, accommodations or equipment rentals.

The original version of Symphony No. 13 premiered at the former WTC on June 13, 2001. The revised version, in four movements, premiered at the Kasser Theater at Montclair St. University on Feb. 4, 2006. Since then the piece has been performed at Disney Concert Hall in LA as part of Minimalist Jukebox sponsored by the LA Philharmonic and in Belgium sponsored by Champ d’Action.

If you know anyone else who you think might want to do the gig I still need some more players.

Thank You, Glenn Branca
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|