View Single Post
Old 03.14.2007, 02:55 PM   #21
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
have you noticed that a large percentage of bands right now and coming out for the last few years have some sort of dumb thing to them besides the music?

one of the most annoying ones are having uniforms/costumes, what the fuck is up with that? there's so many people doing this that you can no longer tell them apart, it's not like "bands with masks suck".

case in point: tonight on letterman, the good the bad and the queen performed and damon albarn and the chicks playing strings were wearing tuxs and top hats, it looked so damn pretentious (but then again, i should have expected something like that from mr. blur); last night, amy winehouse performed and her image was so manufactured it was nauseating, she made avril lavigne look authentic!

what happened to no frills rock n' roll/music? of course, i expect that in a couple of years, a huge backlash will occur kinda like the alterna 90's.

your thoughts? i'm just sick of 95% of bands being image oriented and roughly less than half of them actually having music that is worth tolerating their crap.

I think that it was one of the guys in Sparks who said recently that there are lot of bands who look great these days but sound awful.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|