View Single Post
Old 09.11.2006, 07:54 AM   #32
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
last thursday was some collage thing, with artists playing right after each other and all over the building, not just on stage. there weren't many people at all, but i think it's planned like this too because some perfomances were in the middle of the hall or on the balconies.

as far as the sonic elements were concerned, lee's trio with ulrich krieger and dj olive was awesome. at the start dj olive was barely audible, but in the quiet middle part he and lee mixed well together, creating a nice ambient soundscape, where lee's playing reminded me a bit of the made in usa soundtrack for some reason. it was specifically not billed as a text of light perfomance and maybe to highlight this the films that were being projected behind them were not by brakhage (and apparently not chosen by them either).

lee also did a short (about 25 minutes) solo version of drift in the upstairs room. it was nice, but a bit messy. certainly not as good as what i'd seen in brussels earlier this year, but that was a full performance of course while on thursday it all seemed less prepared. without leah all he had to go with was the dvd and he didn't came out in his timing to the movie at times. at the end he looked a bit helpless when he said "the film lasts a little longer than i had planned. i'm just gonna let it play out".
still a nice performance though, it's always great to watch lee playing solo.

interesting confession: lee said that some of his poems were directly inspired by internet spam.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|