View Single Post
Old 07.31.2012, 12:45 PM   #27
Dude McDude
bad moon rising

Dude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's assesDude McDude kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcat
it was an absolutely terrible revolution that killed a stupid amount of people and accomplished very little social change short of total chaos
Hence the word revolution as opposed to reformation, for instance. My point is that all those things going on were deliberate. As for social change goes, i'm not a historian or particularly interested in politics but as far as i understand the french revolution was in a lot of ways the foundation for the modern government, constitution and political philosophy such as democracy. It seems that your take on it is a critique against those things, but i digress now.
Quote:
And just because it's a Batman movie is no excuse for bad writing and plot ridiculousness...
I think it is actually. Because to me there seem to be unwritten hollywood law (or maybe it's actually deliberate) that production budget can either go to blowing up expensive stuff and create advanced CGI OR be spent on script, dialogue and story. For some reason you can't seem to get both very often.

Quote:
Nolan knows how to make plot-tight, well-written movies. Memento was a plot-tight, well-written movie. Dark Knight was a plot-tight, well-written movie.
Dark knight? Really? But not this movie? I would say that they rate about equal in cheesiness.

Quote:
We had every reason to have high expectations
Fair enough, i just think the problem is the expectations and not the movie. It is what it is. I wouldn't expect ass jokes in a Bergman movie, nor depth and character elaboration in batman movies. I guess our expectations aren't the same.

the colony of unlimited power will pass a despot of hardly any man
Dude McDude is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|