View Single Post
Old 04.03.2014, 11:25 AM   #21
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Rob, religions don't teach of ANY particular details about the experience of the Afterlife in the concrete sense. It is unknowable. Also, if there is a God(s) capable of creating and sustaining 13.4 BILLION years of Multiverse as well as the potentiality of 11 simultaneous, interacting dimensions, how could our limited, mortal, human minds even remotely speak this God(s) language? Shit, I can't even understand the corny engineering jokes my younger engineering program college students share on our sunday school facebook page! How could I fathom the mind of God? Only if this entity decides on His own account to reveal Him/Her/Itself to us.. and even then? Would I be paying attention?

The major problem with most peoples' perception of religion in our contemporary world is as a superstitious speculation on the afterlife. that is NOT religion. Religion is a system of beliefs and cultural patterns to help make sense of and navigate this very complex world of relationships and human interactions with other humans/nature in the present tense. Theology is to concede at its core that (a) the future doesn't yet exist and (b) the past has already happened so we ONLY TRULY EXIST IN THE PRESENT MOMENT. Yet, the human brain is in essence a computer, it can measure, and take measurements very accurately. The problem with measuring is it doesn't work well in the present tense. The brain is always trying to ignore the present moment, and focus on either its fears/fantasies of the future or its memories/regrets of the past. In the realm of the mind (future and past) the brain is God, whereas in the present moment? The brain is absolutely powerless..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|