View Single Post
Old 08.27.2018, 08:00 AM   #25
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
so how is the new album? do not bothered to give it a try. first album rules though.

I haven’t listened to an Interpol album all the way through since 2007. Maybe it’s amazing! Likely it’s not.

I have checked out a couple of tracks, and they sound better than a lot of what the band has done in the years since they mattered.

I think more than anything “Turn on the Bright Lights” was an accident. Like “Source Tags & Codes.” They’re capable enough at making bouncy rock, but I think it was a fluke that they made an album that channeled a mood and sound so well. Upon reinspection the lyrics to TOTBL are really quite bad. It’s the atmospherics that make it great. And it is pretty great.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|