View Single Post
Old 03.30.2006, 06:00 AM   #1
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I feel like talking about past SY shows. & I wanna know what happened to the people of the night of the concert. Who were you w/? What happened on the road trip up to the concert? & most importantly, What did the band play, & what did they do? Any little stories you have about an SY concert, I wanna know I'll start;

2004;
I found the SY tickets on this cheap little cellular phone that had access to a few web pages. So, I was very lucky to even know that SY was even on tour. (Lollapalooza was cancelled)
Date, August 20, 2004. Venue, The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC

The Orange Peel;
As I got to the venue & the doors, naturally me & some other people had gotten there early, so there's that whole waiting story. Everybody was talking about SY shows that they've seen in the past. & I was jealous 'cuz this was my first SY show. So, finally, they open the doors, & I hand event staff my ticket & ID. & just as am thinking I'm ready to go in, they stop me & say that they don't allow out of state ID. I almost died. I just couldn't believe that I wouldn't get to see SY. But, I'm happy to say, after some convincing they let me in.

"Sonic Nurse" North American Tour;
So, I'm finally getting ready to see SY. You know, the other acts are playing, but I can't concentrate 'cuz I'm to busy thinking about SY & their brilliance.
& finally the moment I've been waiting for, SY live. Kim & Lee pretty much right in front of me. Kim would do this thing during where she would raise her arms like angel wings, & that is a moment I'll never forget. Thurston was being a crazy schizo on stage, like he always is. He actually ran around enough to where he was in the middle of the stage, instead of to his normal left-side position. Lee did something I never would of expected, He actually almost stage dived w/ his guitar over the audience, & I touched a piece of the neck. I'm still in awe. & Jim was being quiet as usual. just playing bass & guitar. & of course Steve was fucking kicking ass behind the set.

set-list: (not the actual order)
Pattern Recognition
100%
Kool Thing
Stones
Teenage Riot*
Pacific Coast Highway
Skip Tracer
Unmade Bed
Dude Ranch Nurse
Paper Cup Exit
Kim Gordon & The Arthur Doyle Hand Cream