Thread: atsonicpark
View Single Post
Old 10.23.2009, 01:35 AM   #15
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
What? Oh, it's no bother. Haha.

I want to say one other thing, if my mind is really focused on other things, I forget OCD.. for example, sex... working on art and shit... playing music... and sometimes, this message board... kinda makes me forget my symptoms. They seem to only really exist when I'm alone and not doing anything too fulfilling and my mind wanders and I'm like... "Hmmm, that bookshelf... that book is in the wrong place!"

I used to be way worse, and I had an ex-girlfriend who made fun of me, and she'd reorganize my CD's when I wasn't around to see if I'd notice them being in un-alphabetical order. Obviously, I'd notice as soon as I walked in the room, if only one CD was out of place. One time me and her were sleeping next to each other and she took one of the CD's out and there was this hole there and she said, "Okay, try not to think about it." And I couldn't sleep because of it. She was mean, aside from all that.

You are really super, thank you for not trying to conceal yourself with some sort of front about everything. "Disorders" are tricky and elusive, and you're just telling me your experience. That helps me out very much, as I just want to help my friend, and myself, and basically everyone I ever fucking meet, because everyone seems so fucked up. You sir, amaze me all the time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..In fact, I've learned to live with it, and I think it's kinda cool... you know, things in order... why not? Makes life easier. At the same time, I do have feelings sometimes like my brain is lying to me, so that's kinda shitty but eh. Between acid reflux, insomnia, depression, and OCD... OCD's the least of my worries!

THats how I want to feel about it, and make her feel about it. I think she feels bad that she "has a problem", and thats the problem. Of course...sometimes its just pure torture, the hell, of the compulsion, which I dont know.....I have my own thread of compulsion (self-mutilation) I dont think she goes there.

I guess I want to know from you, should I suggest anything to her, or just shut the fuck up and just listen? Mostly I just want her to at least not think of herself as a freak. I agree with you about the age thing - surprisingly, the older I get, the less OP@)(&%)(ADLKN#N%@)& I am about everything. But thats not easy to convey without just seeming..um...conceited and know-it-all-ish.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|