View Single Post
Old 02.23.2011, 02:20 AM   #25
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
if i recall, 7 and 8 were released about 3 months apart? i recall thinking the format-specific nature of each release was intended to balance the other (in other words, when it was clear 8 would not have a vinyl release, they opted to make 7 vinyl only). i have no idea if that was actually the reasoning, and since 6 was CD only a few years earlier i'm guessing my theory holds no water... (note that 7 is also the only 2-track SYR, so it seems perfectly designed for vinyl - i imagine they started w/ the idea of "J'Accuse Ted Hughes" on the A side and then sought out a complimentary b-side, but again, i have no idea..)

i remember getting both of these in a package the last time i moved - i spent a day driving my shit back and forth from house to house on a hot summer day that was particularly tourist-heavy, listening to SYR8 on repeat. it almost kept me sane.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|